このアニメは、Crunchyroll で米国、カナダ、オーストラリア、ニュージーランドにネットでストリーム放映されており、海外のアニメファンのブログに shogi という文字が何度も登場している。
Upon doing this they discover that they do indeed have a request, albeit a simple one - the oddball shogi club president (any who feels the need to hold her head on so it doesn't drop off counts as oddball in my book) Mochibaru Sasae wants to find a missing shogi piece in her clubroom.
Sasae’s request was simple; she needs help in finding a missing shogi piece, most likely inside their club room. But with their club room in a total mess, it seemed almost impossible to find such a small piece in a world of junk. Yet, the piece itself was important for the game, for the missing piece was none other than the king. Like Sasae’s request, the student council was missing their “king” as well, but they do not need her orders in order to perform this task.
There was more than just the single shogi metaphor. Another similar metaphor was also referenced multiple times throughout the episode. Frequent comparisons were posed between the shogi boards with their missing kings and the student council with Medaka’s current (unprecedented!) absence
- Puer Magi Halfey Magica » [Review] The Melancholy of Medaka Kurokami (Medaka Boobs ep. 12)
- Medaka Box Episode #12 | The Anime Rambler – By Benigmatica
- Medaka Box – Episode 12 « Semai Sekaide
- Medaka Box 12 – Without Medaka (Final Episode) | Sunny Side Anime Blog!
- Anime Strip: Medaka Box Episode. 12 Without Medaka
- Medaka Box – 12 (END) | Survival Strategy